Skip to main content

Final response

This class has taught me a lot about the different types of poetry, and how to use them in an effective manner. I honestly never knew there were so many kinds of poetry. I should have guessed that since poetry is an art form, it would go through all the same movements as something like painting would. 
Poetry can be especially challenging for someone that is very visual, like myself, but I enjoyed getting to learn about all the different ways to create poems. I am a strong believer in all forms of art because even if you never master something, the learning experience will help your brain to think in different ways you might not otherwise try or realize. Poetry is very effective in this as its many forms allow you to problem solve and create new things in different ways. Art strengthens the mind in ways that no other subject can.
 
Another thing this class has taught me is there is no wrong way to do poetry. I wasn't sure what to expect coming into it, but I'm glad I chose this class and got to learn multiple new ways to not only create poetry, but incorporate it into my own style of fine art and music as well. I also really enjoyed the community aspect of the class and how everyone shared their thoughts and opinions on each poem. No one was harsh or mean towards anyone else and it was a great way to receive constructive criticism and grow as a writer. Everyone had a different major and creative vision that really showed in the work they produced. I think this class was very successful in teaching everyone how to incorporate poetry into their own style of work.

As for the role of the artist in society today, I would say we are here to push limits and bountaries. We are here to make people think. Artists are here to spread creativity and diversity to the world. We are not here to follow rules or constructions of society. We are here to speak out against normalities and encourage everyone to be their own true self, whatever that may be. I am an artist because to me, it means going against the flow of everything and everyone around me being something unique and different, and encouraging others to do the same. There are so many people in the world that are unsure of who they are or what they want to do, what message they want to world to hear, and I think artists are here to help them figure that out. Artists are here to inspire one another and change the world one creation at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

response

An “Image” is that which presents an intellectual and emotional complex in an instant of time. I use the term “complex” rather in the technical sense employed by the newer psychologists, such as Hart, though we might not agree absolutely in our application. It is the presentation of such a “complex” instantaneously which gives that sense of sudden liberation; that sense of freedom from time limits and space limits; that sense of sudden growth, which we experience in the presence of the greatest works of art. -EZRA POUND When I decide where to put line breaks in my poems I normally go by rythym. A lot of my poems double as songs, as I like to put the words to music. Therefore most of my breaks are every four lines, as to keep up with each verse. Although if I were not writing a song I would put the break where is seems natural, like a pause or conclusion of a topic. Where your breath naturally ends. Edward Hirsh talks about the latter in an artice about the line and when to create

imagist wolf

1) A wolf sulks through the shadowy night under glowing moonlight 2) Swiftly gnashing yellow teeth fur protecting from the cold 3) Quiet footsteps hushed through dirt A quiet warning 4) Only blood will remain